It feels like Summer is quickly dwindling away from us… kids are going back to school and September seems too close for comfort so we decided to embark on a Summer Pick-Me-Up with a new twist on Sangria! This Sangria has a natural sweetness from the melon and a creaminess from the Chardonnay. We used our favorite wine label – Cali Love Wine‘s new Mellow Yellow Chardonnay. Mellow Yellow has the creaminess of a Chardonnay but goes next level with a little Pineapple and Citrus which makes it perfect for Sangria. THIS IS IMPORTANT: I would not recommend a very oaky style Chardonnay for this recipe.
You can purchase Mellow Yellow online from Cali Love Wine at this link: http://www.calilovewine.com/scripts/winepg.cfm/_/32/2015/Mellow-Yellow/
- Copper Wine Cup
- 1 bottle chardonnay
- 1 small cantaloupe, cubed
- 1 8oz soda water
- 1. Add cantaloupe to blender.
- 2. Blend until completely liquified.
- (optional) if you don't want pulp, strain the juice.
- 3. Combine cantaloupe juice and bottle of chardonnay into pitcher.
- 4. Stir. Pour drink into glasses.
- 5. Fill with ice, top with soda water.
- 6. Serve and enjoy.
PS… if Sangria just isn’t your thing – just enjoy this wine solo. It’s the best!
Copper Mug Co.