I don’t know about you but drinking holidays are my absolute favorite. I love the opportunity to imbibe any time, but this just gives me an excuse to make up a great cocktail… so what did I do? Not create one, but TWO very simple to make, fresh and “skinny” (cause that’s how I do em’) cocktails. I was rushing home from a very busy day at the office today at Copper Mug Co. and with our gloomy beach weather, I just wanted to avoid the Friday night party crowd and stay inside my cozy home. That said, I never turn down a celebration, even if it’s at home. I decided to swing by the grocery store and gave myself a challenge with 3 rules: limited ingredients, low sugar content, and I had to make two recipes. Given that most of the good tequilas were picked over at this hour, and who knows what I had in my liquor cabinet, I grabbed one that looked extremely enticing and that I have never seen before – Dolce Vida which is a handcrafted ORGANIC tequila from Texas. Yes, I love organic and small batch liquor. The checkout lines were long, and the produce aisles packed so I grabbed a few go-tos: Cara Cara oranges ( the best oranges I have ever had, a cross between a blood orange and navel orange – I first tried one in Italy and fell in love), Cucumbers to keep it light and refreshing, and some Jalepeno for a kick. What happened an hour later at home became true cocktail bliss. I now give you, the most delicious margaritas I have ever made and give any top shelf Mexican bar a run for their money.
- Copper Mug
- Copper Cocktail Shaker
- 1.5 oz tequila
- 2 oz fresh squeezed orange juice Cara Cara orange variety
- 1 oz agave simple syrup 1:1 ratio of agave & water made into simple syrup
- 1 oz coconut water
- 0.5 oz fresh lime juice
- shredded unsweetened coconut for garnish
- 1. Combine the tequila, OJ, agave simple, coconut water, lime juice and ice in a copper cocktail shaker.
- 2. Then shake, shake, shake.
- 3. Pour in a glass over ice and top with shredded coconut.
Hot Cucumber Margarita
- Copper Mug
- Cocktail Shaker
- 1.5 oz tequila Dolce Vida Tequila
- 2 oz coconut water
- 1.5 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz agave simple syrup
- 5 cucumber slices
- 3 jalepeno slices
- 1. Pour in the tequila with 4 cucumber slices and all the jalepeño slices into a cocktail shaker.
- 2. With a muddler, begin to muddle the cucumber and jalepeño until it becomes infused with the tequila and almost completely broken down.
- 3. Add in the Coconut Water, Agave Simple, and the Lime Juice.
- 4. Give a really good, proper shake.
- 5. Pour in a glass over ice and garnish with a single cucumber slice.