We had the pleasure of meeting Lux Milk owner, Amy Bisogni at a recent LocalLove805 mixer in town about our favorite Moscow Mule recipe. The mixer was featuring some local businesses in the 805 (Ventura County) and when we heard about her almond milk, we could NOT wait to try it. After her visit to our office, we got to try some of the goods… and I mean GOOD.
Lux Almond Milk crafts many varieties of almond milk such as sweetened and unsweetened versions of the original recipe as well as Lavender and Chocolate (flavored with Raw Cacao). This milk is creamy, oh so delicious, and the best we’ve ever had. There are no preservatives and we’re fine with it because we can’t seem to make a bottle last more than a day anyways! You can find Lux Almond currently at the local Camarillo Farmer’s Market on Saturdays. Visit her website to find out more!
When talking to Amy, we quickly realized that we shared a love for cocktails and she had mentioned to me that she frequently makes cocktails with her almond milks. Immediately, I couldn’t wait to craft up a creamy tail and was especially thrilled that it would be considered a “Skinny” Cocktail with almond milk as the cream base.
This particular recipe was inspired by a creamy cocktail I had recently on a trip to San Francisco. While we enjoyed many great cocktails, the drinks from Pacific Cocktail Haven haven’t left my dreams. The only thing missing from them was some copper! For this recipe, we used our hammered copper tumblers for serving and our hammered jigger for the perfect pours. So without further ado, I give you the LIME IN THE COCO-NUT.
Lime in the Coconut
- Copper Mug
- 3.5 oz LUX Almond Milk Unsweetened
- 2 oz Tito's Vodka
- 0.5 oz fresh lime juice
- 0.5 oz coconut syrup
- toasted coconut for garnish
- lime zest for garnish
- 1. Make the Coconut Syrup. Bring 1 part water and 1 part coconut sugar to a boil and add in shredded coconut.
- 2. Let syrup sit in the pot for about 30 minutes to infuse the coconut flavor. Any extras are okay to refrigerate up to 5 days.
- 3. Place shredded coconut in a pan over medium heat and stir until lightly browned, then remove from heat.
- 4. Add almond milk, vodka, lime juice, and coconut syrup into the shaker.
- 5. Shake for about 30 seconds to create a frothy drink.
- 6. Pour over ice and top with toasted coconut and lime zest.