Lime in the Coconut
This particular recipe was inspired by a creamy cocktail while on a trip to San Francisco.
- 3.5 oz LUX Almond Milk Unsweetened
- 2 oz Tito's Vodka
- 0.5 oz fresh lime juice
- 0.5 oz coconut syrup
- toasted coconut for garnish
- lime zest for garnish
1. Make the Coconut Syrup. Bring 1 part water and 1 part coconut sugar to a boil and add in shredded coconut.
2. Let syrup sit in the pot for about 30 minutes to infuse the coconut flavor. Any extras are okay to refrigerate up to 5 days.
3. Place shredded coconut in a pan over medium heat and stir until lightly browned, then remove from heat.
4. Add almond milk, vodka, lime juice, and coconut syrup into the shaker.
5. Shake for about 30 seconds to create a frothy drink.
6. Pour over ice and top with toasted coconut and lime zest.